Saturday, April 17, 2010

RECORDING SESSION

Good recording is a “must” for any musician.  When I began to work on my website last summer I chose to record at Morningstar Studios in Ambler, PA, because of it fine reputation.  Head engineer is Glenn Barrett.  I found Glenn very knowledgeable, professional and patient when I recorded my solo piano selections so I recently returned to record four jazz standards with my jazz trio. 

 

I was impressed by the “start of the art” technology. Not only could we hear each other extremely well through our headphones but could communicate with each other as well as with Glenn throughout the session.  Since we could remain seated at our instruments for most of the time,  the session was completed in less than two hours. 

 

The finished product is excellent thanks to Glenn and the musicians who worked with me,     Tyrone Brown on bass and my husband, Ray Bruckno on drums.  Tyrone and Ray generate a  magical jazz feel and I could not have asked for a better rhythm section. The four cuts are now   on the audio sample page.  Enjoy!

 

Denise     

No comments:

Post a Comment